Electrical System Upgrade: Principality Stadium, Cardiff, South Wales
Principality Stadium: During November 2016, C&P Engineering Services were tasked with upgrading the electrical supply at the Principality stadium in readiness for the Wales Vs Australia rugby match to ensure greater reliability. The project involved establishing a substation to allow 3 off 1.25MVA generators to supply the 11kV ring.
- Design & construct a concrete base suitable for the 11kV swtichgear and grp enclosure
- Design, supply and install a ring main unit with VIP relay and self powered protection scheme
- Install 150m of high voltage cable at high level on ladder rack
- Install cable terminations and cable joints
- Provide SAP to isolate cable section to allow connection
- Issue permit to work
- Sanction for test on behalf of the Principality Stadium on their 11kV network
- Test & Commission switch gear and cable circuits by use of a very low frequency VLF pressure test
- Carry out a grading study to match up the protection scheme
A new generator sub station was established in a suitable location, allowing generators to connect up to the 11kV network which now provides security of supply during matches and events at the stadium.
For more information about this project and other high voltage electrical projects that we have carried out, please contact us on +44(0)1792 897002 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.