Pen Bryn Oer Wind Farm Design & Build Contract – 6MW
C&P Engineering Services were awarded the high voltage electrical design and build contract by REG WindPower for the Pen Bryn Oer Wind Farm, situated between Rhymney and Tredegar. The site comprised of 3 off Vesta V90 2MW Wind Turbines, generating 6 MW in total. Pen Bryn Oer is located between the towns of Tredegar (2km to the east) and Rhymney (1km to the south west) in Caerphilly, South Wales. It is located along a northern ridge of a hill of maximum elevation of 457 m above sea level.
• Provide the design and build services for the high voltage electrical infrastructure
• Assist Western Power Distribution with the electrical grid connection.
• Design and install the scada systems
• Design, supply, install, test and commission the cable systems
• Design, supply, install, test and commission the switchboard (PBO WFL 33kV Switchboard)
• Design and install the battery charges and associated ancillary equipment
• Install auxiliary transformer and associated LV cabling
• Design and install wind farm electrode system and preparation and re-instatement of the DNO cable trench within the wind farm site boundary.
• M&E fit our of the control building
• Install the auxillary supply to the control building
• Grid compliance
• Design of capacitor bank
• Design, install, test and commission the earthing network
• Energisation of the 33kV private network
• Provide safe system of work
• Provide SAP (Senior Authorised Person) for energisation of the 33kV network in conjunction with Western Power Distribution
For more information about this project and other high voltage electrical projects that we have carried out, please contact us on +44(0)1792 897002 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.