High Voltage Jointers Mate
C&P Engineering Services are recruiting high voltage jointers mates to work within South Wales and the UK.
C&P is a high voltage engineering company specialising in electrical power infrastructure, grid connections and renewable generation. Due to continuing success within these sectors and expansion we are seeking High Voltage Cable Jointer’s mates to join our existing team on Projects throughout South Wales and the UK.
The postholder is required to assist the Jointer in their role in terms of network maintenance, alterations and repairs on the LV/HV distribution network and faults repairs, network alterations and new connection work which involves jointing work on the LV/HV distribution network. This will also include assisting in the restoration of LV supplies as part of fault working and system emergencies. This will be done by observing the work in progress to ensure correct procedures are being followed with particular regard to PPE and safe working practices for the task in hand.
Position and Responsibilities;
- Observe all work being carried out on live LV apparatus with exposed conductors.
- Ensure safe use of equipment in line with health & safety procedures and network standards specifically that colleagues on site are also wearing the relevant PPE.
- Set equipment up for the Jointer including preparation of work, laying out tools and equipment for a task and equipping the vehicle to enable jobs to be carried out.
- Assists the Jointer when he/she carries out work on conductors or equipment as required in accordance with appropriate safety procedures.
- Assist the Jointer with all aspects of maintaining and inspecting the LV and HV network.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call +44(0)1792 897002 for more information.
For further information about C&P’s High Voltage and other Integrated Electrical Services, please click on one of the links below: